Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Mixed Media Layout

Heyyyaaa Lovelyyy Crafter Friendssss!! <3
I know, I have changed the look of my blog...did you like it? I am totally happy with it!

Well, I was excited creating my mixed media layout the first time inspired by Mr.Jack Sparrow.
I knew it then, I had to make more of them! ;)

So, I came up with another layout. This time inspired by International Women's Day which was celebrated on 8th of March! I created a 12 *12 inches layout on canvas. I have used the blue hues in this Shabby Chic layout.

Sneak peeks of my layout before showing you the full image! ;)




Firstly, I layered the canvas with Loads of floral patterned papers from Paper Mania. I cut out the edges from a few areas and adhered a crochet lace which seeks out from the torn parts ;)


I primed these papers using Mod Podge Matte finish, White Acrylic  Color and White Fabric color. The layout was spritzed with water after all this was done so that the papers got really wet! I dried them and primed with another layer of Mod Podge. 

I adhered more patterned papers, laces and a corner wooden embellishment to the layout. I colored Prussian Blue acrylic color over the layout and let it dry. I brought Texture Paste(Ranger) recently and loving it totally!! This is the new technique that I am using and it's an amazing product.I have used Crafter's Workshop Stencils with Texture paste and let it dry overnight.

I used Bo Buuny Stamp set and Kaiser Craft Flutter Stamp Set along with Tim Holtz-Distress ink (Black Soot) over the layout.

I adhered buttons and flowers and arranged them. I layered them over with white pearl color and blue color to give them a glittery look. I added a few brads here and there and a few pearl embellishment. This gives your layout a girly look! :)

I printed out a few sentiments and cut them out. I added the sentiments to the layout and the beautiful picture over the space.


Here is the layout! I am dedicating this to the women all around the world who are proud of their women hood and want to celebrate it! Here is my post for the same. 

Tell me how do you find it?

I am entering this layout for the below challenges:

1. Create Something Catchy # 12  which ends on 31/3
I am inspired strongly by this gorgeous picture. I have used the colors- black, white and blue. I have used this image in my layout.


2.Inkspirational Challenge # 78 she art or image of a women which ends on 27/3

3.Beyond Grey Challenges # 66 -Mixed Media which ends on 31/3


18 comments:

  1. OMG Suchi! That's absolutely gorgeous!!! It is indeed a beautiful pic in CSCC challenge and it's so nice to see that you have used the image itself in this mixed media art!!!

    Cheers!

    -Priyanka Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priya! Glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous mixed media piece, full of interest , patter, texture and perfect for our challenge.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marina! I am happy you liked it...! :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous layout Suchi, great mix of elements, thanks for joining us at CSSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Mixed Media Suche! This is just awesome! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent layout Suchi.... Loved all the layers you have created and the way you have used the inspirational picture itself in the layout.... I also liked the small sentiments as borders of the layout.... Clever idea... Thank you for joining us at CSCC #12.... All the best....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is awesome! A masterful take on our She Art challenge. Your mixed media techniques look fantastic and I like the incorporation of the empowering words in your design. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is gorgeous Suchi !!!!!
    Nice colors and great job with all the elements !
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cool and you did a great job Suchi.
    Thank you so much for joining the fun at CSCC #12. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! You kno how to use mixed media!
    Thank you for playing at BGC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It means a lot. :)